The 2018 Midwest School for Women Workers will bring together women, transfeminine, non-binary, intersex, and gender non-conforming workers from across the Midwest who want to renew our labor movement and restore our democracy. #msww2018
Morning sessions will be organized into four tracks:
- Beyond the Workplace: Strategies for Building Community Alliances and Creating a More Diverse Labor Movement
- Your Rights in the Workplace
- Leading with Strength and Solidarity
- Internal Mobilization & Organizing
Afternoon workshops and plenary sessions will address a wide range of topics, including:
- Effective Messaging for Unions and Worker Organizations
- Labor History
- Racial Justice at in the Union and at Work
- Understanding the Worker Center Movement
- Sexual Harassment and Sexual Violence in the Union and at Work
- Immigration and Globalization
- Tradespeople and Blue Collar Workers
- Building Coalitions Between Movements
Spanish/English interpretation will be available.
- Scholarship application can be found here.
- Aplication para una beca se puede econontrar aquí.
- Applications accepted until May 18, 2018.
- Includes parking; and daily lunch, snacks, and two dinners (optional).
ROOM AND BOARD: $650.00
- Includes housing; parking; and daily breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks